- Employer: Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council
- Reference: PHEHS/23/239758
- Published: Wed 10/05/2023, 11:28 AM
- Closing on: Sun 04/06/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Benefits include: local government pension scheme, generous annual leave, excellent location with easy parking, opportunity for home working, ongoing training/CPD opportunities
- Salary: £25,920 - £31,395
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Kings Hill, Tonbridge & Malling Council, Opportunity for flexible/home working, Kent
Housing Solutions Officer
Housing Solutions Officer – 1 year maternity cover
This is an exciting time to be joining the Housing Service at TMBC. We have a renewed focus on managing our housing challenges particularly around prevention and temporary accommodation and we are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to get the very best of outcomes for residents of the Borough.
Your role will be to assess the circumstances of those in housing need in a holistic way providing a high quality, comprehensive personalised advice service which address housing need and empowers people to maximise their income, employment and training opportunities and promotes financial inclusion.
Particular emphasis will be on the prevention, relief and resolution of housing need and homelessness to enable improved housing and wellbeing, ensuring that customers have access to appropriate support, guidance and advice on other areas of their lives that may be impacting on their housing situation.
You will have recent experience of working in a housing advice/options or homeless prevention role with a local authority, Registered Social Landlord, homeless charity or similar.
Above all you will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, possess excellent communication skills and have the enthusiasm to help others overcome their problems.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Claire Keeling, Housing Solutions Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org (Direct candidates only, strictly no agencies please)
How to Apply
Please apply online. If this is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team by emailing email@example.com
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.