- Employer: Housing and Communities
- Reference: HSG/23/239773
- Published: Wed 10/05/2023, 12:10 PM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 22.5 hours per week, Monday / Wednesday / Friday
- Salary: Starting salary £24,286 pro rata with potential progression to £26,125 pro rata on achieving designated skills and experience
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Council Offices, Campus East, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6AE, Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Scheme Manager - ILO (P01590)
Scheme Manager (Independent Living)
Starting salary £24,286 pro rata with potential progression to £26,125 pro rata on achieving designated skills and experience
22.5 hours per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Have you spent recent months reflecting on your life goals? Do you like variety, thinking on your feet, being creative and resolving issues? Are you customer focused, confident and logical with excellent communication skills?
If so, we are looking for someone to shine in a rewarding role that helps people live independently for a long as possible in their own home. This is a great opportunity to work with a group of great people!
This is a varied and customer facing role, supporting residents in maintaining their well-being and independence. As a lone worker, you will be based on a scheme but will have support from your buddy and peers along with your Team Leader. If you’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of vulnerable people in the community, this is the role for you.
About the role:
Your duties will include visiting tenants, assessing their needs, producing support plans to help them achieve their goals and organising social events. You will also liaise with support services, facilitate social activities and ensure that access to services is exactly as it should be.
With strong listening and observational skills, as well as high standards of professionalism, you will be the first point of contact for visitors to the Scheme and will be responsible for inspecting and reporting any health and safety issues. The ideal candidate will have a passion and understanding of the needs of older people.
Excellent communication skills are required, as is some experience of undertaking a similar role.
- You will put residents at the heart of everything you do
- You will care about what you do and the impact you have
- You will treat everyone with fairness, dignity, kindness and respect
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post and DBS clearance.
Closing date: 30 May 2023.
Assessment date: 5 June 2023.
Interviews: 8 June 2023.