- Employer: Place
- Reference: RLBI0255
- Published: Wed 10/05/2023, 16:42 PM
- Closing on: Sat 24/06/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £31,099 - £49,590 Per Annum ( Pay award pending)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
More InformationMore about this employer
Building Inspector (Career Grade - Domestic to Specialist)
About the role
Working in Building Control at North Somerset Council is a great place to balance a rewarding career with a quality home life. Located south of Bristol, it’s a scenic rural area with access to the coast and the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
This is an opportunity to continue your career with the option to work part time at an organisation that values the need to balance work and home life. We have a thriving business sector with Bristol Airport and several large towns including Portishead and Weston-super-Mare, which all provide opportunities to work on complex commercial schemes.
We are working hard to prepare for the new regulatory framework, and the additional responsibilities that the Building Safety Regulator will require. This includes ensuring that all staff are fully supported in their training and preparation for securing a licence, as well as having recently expanded our admin support team.
Working under the direction of two principal inspectors and the manager, it will be your job to undertake the assessment of building regulation applications to ensure works on site comply with prescribed technical standards and approved details. This career grade post is an excellent opportunity for both recently qualified and more experienced building control inspectors alike, who can demonstrate their competency to work unsupervised on domestic projects from the first day of employment. The starting salary will be dependent on your experience and proven competency (LABC Competency Matrix).
Our council vision is ‘an open, fairer, greener North Somerset’ and we have three key priorities:
- A thriving and sustainable place
- A council which empowers and cares about people
- An open and enabling organisation.
Our organisational values are important. They help guide us in how we work and provide services for our residents. Our people produced our values in collaboration with elected members. They provide a strong ethos and help us to deliver our ambitious agenda, working in partnership across the council and beyond:
- We act with integrity
- We respect each other
- We innovate
- We care
- We collaborate.
- A competitive salary,
- Family leave options,
- A pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection,
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential,
- Discounts on shopping, days out, travel and gym memberships,
- Agile and flexible working arrangements to help you enjoy a healthy work-life balance,
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- support with obtaining a Building Safety Regulator licence
- generous leave with up to 33 off days per annum, plus up to 12 additional days off per annum under our flexitime scheme
- locally based work, within North Somerset, minimising time spent driving
- working primarily from home but with easy access to modern offices
- tax deductible electric vehicle lease scheme (via salary sacrifice)
- support from the national Local Authority Building Control network
Apply now to join a group of likeminded, professionals who are dedicated to helping people and business thrive within quality developments.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Jason Beale (Building Control and Service Development Manager on 01934 426011.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Friday 30 June 2023
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Job profile (n-somerset.gov.uk)
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.