- Employer: Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Reference: DFRS/23/239906
- Published: Wed 10/05/2023, 17:48 PM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £24,496 - £29,439 per annum Successful applicants would normally be appointed on the bottom of the salary grade
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Derbyshire
Project Support Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Organisational Development Team in the role of Project Support Officer.
The postholder will report directly to the Station Manager, Business Change and Communications and will support the Service by taking responsibility for all phases of a project’s lifecycle, including the governance arrangements for the many varied DFRS projects and programmes of work.
You will be required to provide a high quality, efficient, timely and focused professional administrative service to the wider Service, which will include (but not be limited to):
- The facilitation of project engagement and communication activities across DFRS and key stakeholders, and
- The monitoring and reporting of the progress of all projects and programmes of work against agreed timescales whilst ensuring appropriate quality standards are maintained, and
- Ensuring the evaluation of all projects and initiatives are completed and reported to DFRS Programme Board in a timely manner.
The postholder will have administrative experience and be an experienced and competent user of MS Office (such as Word, Excel, etc.); the ability to process and interrogate computerised systems and maintain project plans and risk registers is an essential requirement of the post.
You will also need to have the necessary qualifications, skills and attributes to deal with project related enquiries, ensuring these are captured, escalated, and monitored.
There may be occasions when the post holder will be required to travel to other locations as part of the role, a pool car will be provided for this purpose.
The normal working week is 37 hours however you may occasionally be required to work flexibly and occasionally outside office hours for which prior notice will be given.
Agile working arrangements can be discussed with the successful candidate.
In return we offer;
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Free car parking
- Health & wellbeing services, including free access to gyms at Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service locations
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee support networks
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People. All staff are expected to share this commitment.
Police security vetting procedures at the appropriate level will be requested for the successful applicant. Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application and Home Office approval for indefinite leave to remain within the UK.
To apply please use the "Apply Online" link below.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 12 June 2023.
For any questions regarding the role please contact the recruiting manager Simon Abbs email@example.com or Fiona Cragg firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application form, please contact the Service Centre on 01773 305441.