- Employer: Uttlesford District Council (Essex)
- Reference: UDCE/23/240157
- Published: Fri 12/05/2023, 8:59 AM
- Closing on: Mon 05/06/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Full and Part-Time / Job Share positions available
- Salary: Career Grade 4-8 £24,496 to £41,496 (pro rata for part-time) (pay award pending)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Uttlesford Area, Essex
Career Grade / Senior Planning Development Management Officers
We are committed to investing and developing in our planning team and making use of our apprenticeship levy funding to do so. As such, we are seeking five planners from graduate level up to senior level (3+ years’ experience) to join our new district-wide Development Management Team. Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be involved in a wide range of planning work, from giving pre-application advice, defending appeals and making recommendations on minor and major planning applications (depending on experience).
To join at the higher grades, you will either have a relevant degree, diploma or some town planning experience. At the entry grade you will be eligible for, and willing to work towards a planning degree on day release. At the career grade level we will support your learning and development and progression through the career grades with starting salary potential of £24,496 to £37,261. At the senior level we will appoint from £38,296.
You will be self-motivated, analytical and a great communicator. The role involves mostly home-based, with some time in-office and on site. You will therefore need to be able to travel around the district. At all grades you will be fully supported with professional learning and development.
Benefit package for the above post includes:
- Hybrid Working
- Paid holidays
- Contributory Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Vine extras – Employee discount scheme
- Paid professional subscription
- Learning and development opportunities
For an informal discussion please contact Nigel Brown, Head of Development Management & Enforcement on 01799 510476 or Maria Shoesmith on 01799 510556
To find out more and apply please visit https://www.uttlesford.gov.uk/jobs-careers
Closing date for completed applications is Monday, 5 June 2023.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 14 June 2023.
CVs will not be accepted.
Uttlesford District Council is an inclusive employer and we welcome applications from all. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.