- Employer: Resources
- Reference: HCC22855
- Published: Fri 12/05/2023, 10:57 AM
- Closing on: Sun 28/05/2023, 23:49 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £33,820 progression to £37,261
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hertford, Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Accounts Receivable & Debt Team Leader
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Team Leader
Location: Working hybrid with base Hertford/Stevenage
Starting Salary: £33,820 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £37,261 (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
There is an exciting role available, to the right candidate, to work alongside the Income and Debt manager leading the team to work efficiently to produce great results.
A major part of this role is managing staff within the team which will involve supervisions, recruitment, absence, performance, inductions and training. The right candidate will need excellent communication skills to fully support the team members by holding regular individual task reviews, picking up complex issues and dealing with any complaints that may arise. You will also need to be familiar with the County Council’s Income Collection and Debt Management Policy as will need to ensure that the team are fully compliant at all times.
The role will work with a variety of stakeholders and be the central point of contact for HCC debt queries and will require you to be self-motivated, resilient and organised at all times. It is important that you also have strong analytical skills and the ability to challenge and look at the wider picture.
In addition to the above, the role will require you to have the following skills and experience:
- A finance and/or business qualification or equivalent experience
- Debt management or credit control experience
- Team management experience
- Strong effective communication skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Competent with using Microsoft applications such as excel, word and Outlook
- Ability to be able to prioritise workloads and manage cases allocation across the team
- An understanding of the HR recruitment and performance policy
Closing Date: 28th May 2023
Interview Date: 6 & 7 June 2023
For an informal chat, please speak with Alison Gibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01438 843682.
Benefits of working for us:
• Flexible Working Arrangements
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.