- Employer: Ebbsfleet Development Corporation
- Reference: EBBSF/23/240216
- Published: Fri 12/05/2023, 11:28 AM
- Closing on: Wed 31/05/2023, 16:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: c.£60,000
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Ebbsfleet, Kent
To proactively assist the Assistant Director of Finance in the maintenance of all necessary financial controls, systems and processes to ensure the efficient and effective management of the EDC’s finances and compliance with financial statutory requirements and the Framework Agreement with our sponsoring department.
To produce accurate and timely financial information about the EDC’s financial status and performance to enable sound decision-making across the EDC’s business.
To manage and direct the Finance Team in ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of robust finance processes and policies necessary to support the EDC in its policy objectives whilst maintaining the integrity of the financial system and ensuring compliance with the regulatory framework.
To lead in budget management, regular reviews with budget holders and the Programme Office, providing accurate advice on financial management and financial controls and ensuring that spending is maintained with any underspends/overspends identified in a timely manner.
The post-holder will report to the EDC Assistant Director of Finance.
The post-holder will directly line manage 2 Finance Team staff and work closely with other staff involved in financial transactions.
Contract Type and Working Pattern:
- Full time - job share arrangements considered.
- Working week of 37 hours, between Monday to Friday.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The post holder will be responsible for the accurate capture and reporting of the Corporation’s financial activities.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of the financial transaction processing requirements for the EDC and ensuring that all financial transactions reported on SAGE are correctly recorded, evidenced and authorised in accordance with the EDC’s internal controls and procedures.
- Manage and approve regular payment runs to suppliers.
- Manage the billing and recovery of income due to the EDC.
- Manage effective monthly control reconciliation processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the SAGE financial accounting system to facilitate Finance Team service delivery improvements.
- Manage Finance Team staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards, providing an environment in which staff can positively contribute, influence change and develop expertise.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and the Framework Document and maintain appropriate policies and procedures.
- Oversee the production and submission of quarterly VAT returns, and monthly CIS returns.
- Manage the production of monthly management accounts, Board reports, grant requests / cash management returns, transparency reports and other returns for both external and internal users, including our sponsor DLUHC.
- Ensuring production of monthly returns to budget holders reporting on actual expenditure to date and working with them to provide robust and supportable outturn forecasts.
- Contribute to the preparation of robust EDC Annual Accounts in accordance with the Financial Reporting Manual (FReM) and Accounting Standards to the agreed timetable.
- Liaise with internal and external audit teams to ensure compliance with audit requests facilitating any audit activities; monitor and report on any financial audit actions arising from internal and external audit reports.
- Manage the provision of an independent accounting function to the Ebbsfleet Garden City Trust.
- As required, deputise for the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that all financial policies and processes are continually reviewed for accuracy and updated accordingly.
- To keep up to date with changes in Accounting Standards, new initiatives, HMT and DLUHC requirements and other changes in order to highlight risks and challenges and maintain compliance with the regulatory framework.
- Advise on best practice, professional standards and codes of conduct relating to financial matters.
This is an indicative list of the duties involved but as a small organisation you may be involved in other work not specifically mentioned above. You will therefore be expected to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you.
The Essential and Desirable criteria for this role are as follows:
- A fully qualified finance professional with a recognised accountancy body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc.)
- Experience of financial accounting processes, including producing financial statements using financial management systems/ financial reporting tools.
- Proven experience of taking charge and delivering financial and management accounts successfully within a robust financial framework and engaging with senior management for reporting purposes.
- Experience of designing and implementing robust financial controls and reconciliation procedures.
- Experience of working in a public sector environment delivering financial and management accounts.
- Experience of applying complex accounting issues and public sector guidelines and rules.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a team.
- Confident and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to facilitate positive working relationships and collaboration.
- Use of the appropriate analytical techniques to support the understanding of complex issues and support decision making.
- Ability to act as a critical friend to challenge colleagues and teams on their approaches and assumptions.
- A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to organise, plan and prioritise work of themselves and others, identify challenges and risks and deliver agreed objectives.
- Positive attitude and a can-do approach.
- Experience developing financial systems, preferably SAGE 200.
- Experience of central government budgeting and accounting practices and public sector accounting requirements (e.g. government accounting including FReM, MPM, budgets and estimates).
- Experience in the financial management of major capital projects, regeneration, construction.
This post will be based at the Corporation’s offices in the Observatory, Castle Hill. It will involve some occasional travel.
The Corporation currently operates a hybrid working arrangement whereby staff mix working from home and the office. Staff are required to work a minimum of 40% of their time from the EDC office.
Interview Date: Thursday 15 June (AM)
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.