- Employer: Crawley Borough Council
- Reference: CBC/23/240300
- Published: Fri 12/05/2023, 14:33 PM
- Closing on: Sun 04/06/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: Salary: £58,040- £61,272 per annum (Plus deputy Section 151 Officer Allowance)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Crawley, West Sussex
About The Role:
Crawley is an exciting place to work, with a vibrant town centre and excellent transport connections. Crawley is a place that just keeps getting better and in spite of the pressures placed on us by the pandemic, cost of living crisis and reduced government funding, we continue to deliver exciting services and projects and we never wane in our ambition.
We recently moved into a brand-new Town Hall so it is a great time to join us as we settle into our state-of-the-art offices with excellently designed spaces that facilitate collaborative working. We have a hybrid working set up which allows a balance of working from home and at least two days in the office.
We are looking for a Chief Accountant to lead a successful finance team. In addition to sound technical knowledge you will have the drive and ambition to take things forward.
The role is an excellent development opportunity for the right candidate.
Working closely with the Head of Corporate Finance (Section 151 Officer), you will be responsible for:
- Producing Council wide budget monitoring reports and forecasts
- Coordinating and driving the Medium Term Financial Strategy and budget process
- Preparation of the Council’s Financial Statements
- You will manage and develop the council’s finance team, ensuring compliance with our statutory duties as well as being involved in many exciting projects.
Key requirements of the role;
- You must be a fully qualified accountant (CCAB)
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to explain complex issues
- Have the ability to develop and build teams
We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible, as we may close this advert before the stated closing date if enough applications are received.
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our Way of Working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under -represented groups.
Please ensure that the reference details you supply are for your current or most recent employer and that any gaps in employment are covered on your application form.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form.
How to apply:
Click the Apply button to complete your application online. Please ensure that the reference details you supply are for your current or most recent employer and that any gaps in employment are covered on your application form. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of Corporate Finance or call on 01293 438263
Proposed Interview Dates:
From 12 June 2023
To 16 June 2023
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.