- Employer: London Borough of Newham
- Reference: 2635
- Published: Fri 12/05/2023, 16:40 PM
- Closing on: Tue 30/05/2023, 16:40 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: FULLTIME
- Salary: £45,000 - £74,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Greater London
More InformationMore about this employer
Principal Building Surveyor
Principal Building Surveyor
£48,867 - £51,903 pa
The 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games have put Newham in the international spotlight and are driving change at an unprecedented pace and scale. With an abundance of land for development, world-class transport and digital infrastructure, and a young, energetic and increasingly skilled workforce, the borough is ideally placed to accommodate much of London’s growth in the 21st century. As development and investment in the UK’s capital moves steadily eastwards, Newham is set to become a new heart for London.
This is a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual with proven Building Control Officer experience, to join our dynamic, high performing Building Control Team. The job requires a high calibre Building Surveyor with comprehensive knowledge of the practical application of the legislative standards of the Building Regulations and Safety of Sports Grounds.
As a Principal Officer you will have management responsibility for professional staff, leading on all types of Building Control projects, and actively pursue opportunities to attract business to the service to maintain and improve the team’s market share and to maximise income opportunities in a competitive market.
If you want to help shape this part of London – and leave a lasting legacy for all its communities – come and join the team!
The successful candidate will:
- be a Chartered Member of the CABE, RICS or CIOB;
- be a team player, self-motivated, enthusiastic and have the ability to manage a complex and varied caseload;
- have construction industry experience and knowledge of building control relating to a wide breadth of buildings, including high rise;
- play an integral role in making pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with building regulations, driving forward new schemes within the borough and effectively turn our vision into reality;
- hold a current driving licence and have use of their own car; and
- contribute to the delivery of an efficient and effective building control service for the borough, including taking decisions of allocated building regulation applications, notices and matters allocated by the Building Control Manager, enabling the delivery of quality developments in line with legislation, industry performance guidelines and internal targets.
Closing date 29/5/23
Please view Principal Building Surveyor jd
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with Cifas who will use it to prevent fraud, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct. If any of these are detected you could be refused certain services or employment. Your personal information will also be used to verify your identity. Further details of how your information will be used by us and Cifas, and your data protection rights, can be found by https://www.cifas.org.uk/fpn.