- Employer: London Borough of Hillingdon
- Reference: PLC00735
- Published: Mon 15/05/2023, 9:59 AM
- Closing on: Wed 14/06/2023, 9:59 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36
- Salary: £33351 - £34341 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hillingdon
Transformation Change Agent
Hillingdon is London's second largest borough, delivering some of the highest levels of resident service across the UK. Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do, and we are embarking on an ambitious plan to modernise our offering, while sustaining the high-quality services and facilities they expect.
We have commenced our transformational and business change road map, with the aim of modernising the way our services are delivered, maximising technology and ensuring we have the right culture in place to enable us to deliver our vision of being easy to do business with.
Our Transformation and Business Change team have a number of new roles which offer the opportunity to be part of our change journey, these opportunities don't come along very often and will offer challenge and stretch to the right individuals.
What does a Transformation Change Agent do at Hillingdon?
The Council is entering an exciting period of cultural change, with the development of its new ways of working ("New WOW") operational excellence programme. Integral to its operational success, the Transformation Change Agent (Coach) will undertake diagnostic assessments of service areas and/or processes to understand existing and future ways of working, conduct one-to-ones, focus groups and workshops to support service and process re-design, and create actionable plans to support services to turn insights and ideas into their new operational reality.
Key elements of the role are:
The Transformation Change Agent (Coach) will undergo "New WOW" familiarisation training, prepare diagnostic findings reports, deliver concentrated "New WOW" operational excellence training programmes and act within a coaching and/or mentoring capacity to ensure that Officers feel empowered to envision, propose and implement changes to ways of working.
If you are looking for the opportunity to apply your coaching experience across an array of services, develop your project management skills, and be part of our cultural change journey, then we'd love to hear from you.
Individuals who love a challenge and will bring energy and pace to the delivery of our ambitions should consider this excellent opportunity. Ideally you will have excellent facilitation and coaching skills, with the proven ability to drive change and influence others. You will also have a background in being involved in projects which drive continuous improvement.
These are high profile roles, which will have regular interface with key members of the senior leadership team and Cabinet. If you are looking to really make an impact and are achievements driven, then this role is one for you!
What we offer
The role offers a competitive salary along with hybrid working arrangements. We also offer a wide range of company benefits and whilst these vary according to the business area and role, they typically include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks and flexible working hours
- season ticket loan and access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses with discounts on a variety of adult education courses run by the council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase and car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Please upload your CV and a covering letter explaining clearly why you consider yourself to be an excellent fit for the role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.