- Employer: London Borough of Enfield
- Reference: PLA-000542
- Published: Mon 15/05/2023, 13:36 PM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 13:36 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £35,044 - £37,766
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Greater London
Inspiring Young Enfield Mentoring Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Inspiring Young Enfield Mentoring Coordinator in the Youth Development Service. The Youth Development Service’s targeted Youth Support focuses on providing early help to young people aged 11-19(up to 25) for SEND or care leaver) within the context of whole family support.
Enfield’s commitment is to provide access to a dedicated mentor to young people who are most in need of support and who face the biggest challenges to reaching their potential. This includes children who have been excluded from school or college, those who are impacted by exploitation, young people who are impacted by domestic violence or living in poverty, and those involved in the care system.
This post holder will support, deliver, and coordinate Inspiring Young Enfield mentoring programme and ensure young people of all circumstances to achieve their potential. Mentors will build trust and confidence in their relationships with young people, to discover something new about themselves and their capabilities. The relationships can nurture the belief that things can change, that an alternative future is possible.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Yemi Akinfenwa on 02083793332 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andy Kingsbury, Recruitment & Onboarding Advisor on 0208 078 5976 or email@example.com
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
Place - https://www.enfield.gov.uk/services/jobs-and-careers/place#welcome
Meridian Water | A major 20 year regeneration programme led by Enfield Council. Bringing 10,000 homes & 6,000 jobs to Enfield, next to the beautiful Lee Valley Regional Park