HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER (Ref: HRBP)
Salary £45,425.64 pa
Full time – 37 hours per week
It’s an exciting time to join Broxbourne Council’s small and friendly Human Resources (HR) team, with lots of promising new initiatives in the pipeline. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated Human Resources professional who will be responsible for providing generalist HR support and advice to teams across the Council, specialising in Employee Relations.
- Working with our services to develop and improve the deployment and management of our valuable human resources.
- Providing effective day to day advice and support to managers and employees on terms and conditions of employment and the application of HR policies and procedures.
- Preparation of employment contracts, including updating of the Itrent HR system
- Providing an ‘in house’ recruitment service from “approval to recruit” proactively supporting managers through the recruitment process to on-boarding new staff and managing probation.
- Participation in a range of employee meetings, including grievance/disciplinary investigations and hearings, sickness meetings, employee relations and management meetings etc.
- Writing reports, policies etc.
- Providing advice and implementation of change management initiatives including restructures, TUPE etc.
To be successful in this role you will have previous Human Resources experience, ideally within a local authority or other public sector organisation. You will also need to be Level 5 CIPD qualified or prepared to work towards achievement of this qualification. The role requires a good communicator both verbal and written skills, so a GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English are essential, with the ability to converse at ease with staff and members of the public to provide advice in fluent English. You will need to have an innovative and positive approach to work with exceptional customer service and negotiation skills. Experience of working in a highly pressured environment will also be required.
We have adopted the core values of Teamwork, Innovation, Effectiveness and Respect (TIER).
The values and their underlying behaviours, demonstrate our commitment to providing excellent customer care, working in a joined up way, showing respect at all times and looking at innovation and forward thinking solutions. We pride ourselves on recruiting, developing and retaining talent who share this commitment.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Council’s benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by 13th June 2023 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com