- Employer: Elmbridge Borough Council
- Reference: CED/23/240770
- Published: Wed 17/05/2023, 9:05 AM
- Closing on: Wed 07/06/2023, 9:05 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £38,791 - £40,751
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Elmbridge Borough Council, Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9SD, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
This is your chance to shine!
This is your opportunity to join a progressive and energetic organisation, determined to do the best for its residents and employees. We are looking for an HR Adviser with relevant HR experience to join our team; we are looking for you!
You will be joining a supportive and talented group, as you assist with a wide range of generalist HR projects, including helping to develop our HR systems and processes.
Your day-to-day will include;
- assisting with recruitment,
- case management, together with supporting and attending formal meetings
- maintaining HR records and managing our HR system, I-Trent
- working with our partner in HR, MHR
- assisting with the development of our HR system
- and liaising with employees throughout the organisation.
This is your opportunity to further build and consolidate your generalist HR skills and experience, while surrounded by a team who will help you to develop and succeed.
You will be -
- degree educated or equivalent with some HR generalist experience and great attention to detail
- interested in a long-term career in HR
- able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills together with an outgoing, proactive and intelligent approach
- and curious about learning more about our role within a thriving and sustainable Elmbridge.
Why should I apply?
Few other organisations will offer you the chance to learn and develop your skills and experience in HR the way we will. As a smaller organisation (we have approximately 400 staff), you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the business, to work with people throughout organisation. As a committed and dedicated person, you will definitely have the chance to shine at Elmbridge.
We will develop a bespoke learning and development package for you. We will support your personal growth journey and you will thrive in an environment surrounded by committed and determined people all working to serve the best interests of the Elmbridge community.
You will also be able to give back to the community through our community service programme, and did we mention that you get your birthday off?
We are located in Esher, with good rail and bus links. If you drive, there is free parking at the office and of course we will discuss hybrid working arrangements if that is something you would like.
Your next step
Your next step is to visit our website (https://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk/ ) to find out more about the culture and work of Elmbridge Borough Council. Read about our people, watch the short video and all while think about the opportunities that are waiting for you at Elmbridge. If you have any questions, please call us (Sherry Stoker, 01372 474213) and we can answer any queries you may be.
We look forward to meeting you.
Closing Date: 7 June 2023 at 9am
Interviews will be held week commencing 12 June 2023