- Employer: Notting Hill Genesis
- Reference: nhg/TP/703/732
- Published: Wed 17/05/2023, 9:50 AM
- Closing on: Wed 31/05/2023, 9:50 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: £49648 - £55165 per annum + competitive pension contribution
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Various (across London), Mildmays, John Astor House, Islington, Bruce Kenrick House
As an HR Manager, you will lead a team which is responsible for, recruitment campaigns, employee relations, performance, and some change management, as well as supporting all colleagues within the HR Services Team with HR first line, general HR information and advice. You will need to coach managers to manage their people effectively, ensuring the provision of an excellent proactive, efficient, consistent, reliable and customer focus HR service, that ensures value for money and supports the drive towards manager self-service, standardisation, and improvement. You will ensure employment legislation requirements, appropriate policies and procedures and good practice are always applied, minimising business risk.
Develop the team to provide HR advice to the business in employee related matters especially recruitment, selection, employee relations, absence management, terms and conditions application and change management. Advise and assist in the resolution of line manager queries which cannot be solved through line management or first line support, the manager toolkit, and other means, liaising with Business Partners and specialist teams where required. Ensure that HR administration and compliance with HR internal controls is delivered efficiently and that processes are accurate and timely.
Ensure advice given and processes implemented are managed in a timely and accurate way with adherence to NHG policies and procedures, NHG rules, and they follow statutory requirements, financial regulations, best practice and employment legislation frameworks.
Coach, train and educate HR colleagues and managers to empower them to manage their staff and ER casework effectively. Provide tools and materials for HR and managers and deliver complex messages to directorates on the risks and implications of a variety of options. Support directorates and departments to deliver and implement change programmes including those involving restructures, redundancies, TUPE, and other processes. Support the Head of HR Operations in the management of ACAS, settlements, dispute resolution and ET cases.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional, with a good working knowledge of general HR matters, employment law and key ER procedures, and experience of applying this to operational day to day issues, policies, and practices.
A proven ability to coach and educate managers to resolve issues and queries effectively by evaluating risks, presenting options, and proposing solutions with the aim to minimise risk, ensure consistency, and improve service delivery and customer experience.
Able to line manage a small team to coach and develop them to be able to effectively advice the business on all HR generalist employment matters, especially recruitment campaign management, employee relations and change management.
Able to develop meaningful relationships in business areas, by gaining understanding of their structures, roles, people challenges and business goals.
Although this role will receive some support from the Head of HR Operations, the job holder will be expected to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Please address how you meet the above criteria in your supporting statement.
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
- Applications close at 23:59 on 30 May 2023.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact our HR team via to discuss your requirements.