- Employer: Castle Point Borough Council
- Reference: CPBC/23/240788
- Published: Wed 17/05/2023, 9:56 AM
- Closing on: Mon 05/06/2023, 9:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £27,344 - £31,099 per annum Scale Points (SCP) 18 - 24
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Benfleet, Essex, Essex
The Council is seeking to appoint a Trainee Solicitor in the Legal Services team within the Chief Executive’s Department – Governance & Law. Applicants should be LPC graduates and hold at least a 2:2 degree.
For the post we need someone:
- who is a team player and able to work within a small legal team;
- keen to work with providers in the public, private and not for profits sectors;
- who can build respect and trust both within the Legal Service and outside;
- highly motivated;
- who is a confident communicator;
- who has excellent written and verbal skills
The successful applicant will receive training in the following areas of law:
- local government law;
- contract and property law;
- residential conveyancing;
- civil and criminal litigation;
It is important to note that this training is on a fixed term contract for two years. The Council is unable to guarantee a permanent position with the Council once the contract is complete. It is expected, however, that by the end of the contract, the post holder will be in a position to undertake all duties of a solicitor.
You may speak informally to Andrew Smith (Strategic Director) on 01268 882433 or Jason Bishop (Solicitor to the Council) on 01268 882462.
Please apply online via the Council’s website where a full Job Description and Person Specification are also available.
You may also request an application pack by telephoning 01268 882293/4 or by e-mail to email@example.com CVs alone will not be accepted.
Interviews expected to be held week commencing 12th June 2023
Castle Point Borough Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.