We’re passionate about communicating with our community; start a new chapter in your career and be part of our award-winning story!
Post COVID-19, we still have many important health messages to get out to people across Bracknell Forest. Messages that will help them make better choices, form better habits and live a healthier life.
We need someone to research, create, tailor and spread those important messages in the right format for our local populations.
Someone who understands that successful key messaging is not about a one-size fits all approach. Who understands that accessibility and providing information in the most relevant format and relevant way is key to breaking down behaviour change barriers.
We’re not talking about fluffy PR, but conveying sensitive, important and potentially life-changing information.
Behaviour change and nudge techniques will be a key part of this role and so we’re looking for someone who understands the value of social marketing and has experience in that area of expertise to improve health outcomes.
You will work with within a well-established and driven communications team but with the help, guidance and support of the public health team – this is a role that values partnership and collaborative working across the board.
You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
What it’s like working in our team…
We’re a small, friendly, hard-working and dedicated team of communications, marketing and media officers and graphic designers. This role will be based within communications but with lots of input from our public health team, so you’ll get to work closely with senior leaders and councillors from that service area. We often have to think on our feet within short deadlines; no day is ever the same!
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To develop, manage, review and maintain an overarching social marketing strategy in line with Bracknell Forest public health’s priorities.
- To develop and implement well-researched and appropriately tested social marketing campaigns and content to encourage behaviour change, specifically around public health priorities.
- To ensure all communications and marketing campaigns are timely, accurate, relevant, and accessible for the target audience – adapting them in line with feedback and changing priorities.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues internally and with external partners.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a good communicator – someone who has a passion for marketing communications to drive change and tackle inequalities. We need someone who can bring fresh ideas to communicate sensitive and complex health messages. Someone who understands that you need to adapt, evolve and research in order to reach different auidences, break down change barriers and get results.
Interviews will be held on 19 June, 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Alayna Razzell, Head of Communications and Marketing; 01344 352171
As part of the council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship, can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.