- Employer: London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Reference: J-1555
- Published: Wed 17/05/2023, 12:07 PM
- Closing on: Wed 31/05/2023, 1:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 35 Hours
- Salary: £40,503 - £43,701
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Skillsmatch/WorkPath, 55 Upper Bank Street, London
More InformationMore about this employer
Careers & Employment Support Officer
Are you passionate about careers education and creating opportunities to increase social mobility for the young people of Tower Hamlets?
Are you enthusiastic, creative and ready for a fresh new challenge in an exciting environment?
Careers & Social Mobility team’s role is to provide effective development and delivery of the Council’s careers guidance offer through collaboration and engagement. Our key focus is on careers education and personal development of our young residents to increase the social and cultural capital, careers pathway knowledge, and relevant experiences of young people in the borough so they develop and achieve their learning and career goals.
The team is responsible for developing strategy and new complementary work streams in collaboration with partners to broaden the range of aspirational career progression pathways for under-represented groups from Primary to 25 years.
Our ambition is to enable schools and young people to have equal access to a broader offer of careers education and to facilitate access to interactive experiences, work experience, and apprenticeship and job opportunities.
This role is fixed term contract to June 2024.
We are looking for someone who is committed to improving the careers education landscape in the borough, supporting engagement with all stakeholders with a true passion for the careers and social mobility agenda and is keen to help contribute to the development of the team’s ongoing work.
We are happy to consider and help negotiate a secondment to accommodate this fixed term cover.
You will have:
· An energetic, creative and positive approach to supporting the team's agenda
· Confident communication skills with an ability to engage multiple stakeholders at a time
· Knowledge of, or an interest in, developing and understanding the careers landscape, Gatsby Benchmark and the 2019 Ofsted Education Inspection Framework
· An ability to work independently using initiative to achieve required results
· A proactive approach to making a real difference to the lives of our young residents
· An innovative approach to connecting with local businesses, educators and communities
· Able to multi-task and stay calm under pressure when dealing with multiple stakeholders
About Tower Hamlets – The Best of London in one borough!
Tower Hamlets is one of the UK's most culturally vibrant and diverse areas, at the heart of London's East End. Our vision is that local communities will be independent, strong and vibrant. We want you to be part of the future that we are creating, and to help us make a difference.
We are proud of our values because they demonstrate how we work. We have five core values:
· Together - We work TOGETHER across boundaries and with partners to achieve the best outcomes for Tower Hamlets
· Open and honest - We are OPEN and transparent
· Willing - We are WILLING to challenge, innovate and be accountable
· Excellence - We empower each other to be EXCELLENT and go the extra mile
· Respect - We RESPECT all communities; they are the heart of everything we do
Applications close 31st May 2023, and it is intended that interviews will take place on 26th & 27th June 2023.
Tower Hamlets is a modern, forward thinking local authority, offering flexible working arrangements, generous annual leave, local government pension scheme and other staff benefits.
This post is open to the following types of applicants: Redeployees/ Internal/ External/ Agency
All applications should be made via our online application system, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted. Internal employees should apply via the council's Intranet. External applicants apply via the Council's website www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers
Tower Hamlets vision for our borough is that: people are aspirational, independent and have equal access to opportunities; we are a borough that our residents are proud of and love to live in; and we are a dynamic, outcomes-based council using digital innovation and partnership working to respond to the changing needs of our borough. We want people who aspire to our TOWER values: Together; Open; Willing; Excellent; Respect.
Tower Hamlets has a zero-tolerance approach to, and works to eradicate, all forms of discrimination on the basis of race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, status as a civil partner, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy and maternity and looks to employ a diverse workforce representative of those groups. We recognise that people can also be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class.
We welcome applicants interested in flexible working arrangements and also applicants who live in the borough.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.