- Employer: Birmingham Children's Trust
- Reference: BCT/23/240866
- Published: Wed 17/05/2023, 13:52 PM
- Closing on: Sun 04/06/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 25 hours per week
- Salary: £20,812 - £22,777
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Warwick House Residential Home, Birmingham
Business Support Assistant - Residential Services
Are you passionate about good outcomes for children?
Are you committed to supporting children and their families?
- Competitive salary.
- 30 days paid annual leave and an additional eight bank holidays.
- This increases to 33 days after five years’ service, and then 35 days after ten years’ service.
- Additional benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Our Practice Hub is dedicated to supporting staff in their learning and development.
Our Residential Children’s homes sit within Birmingham Children’s Trust.
We work with the most vulnerable children and their families. We receive support from our colleagues within the trust and from external agency partners.
The Trust is going from strength to strength recently inspected as GOOD. The goal is to become a center of excellence in both Social Care and family support.
Our Residential homes offer short breaks to children with disabilities and two homes for disabled children who cannot live with their families.
We also have a home which provides emergency care for children 8-17 years old. All the homes are registered with OFSTED. The Trust is developing / expanding its residential offer.
This is an exciting time to join us, and we need the right talent to help us to continue to improve and grow our services.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Residential service for a self-motivated Business Support Assistant providing essential support to our Registered Managers and practice staff members.
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a children’s home environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- A good friendly attitude for front of home reception duties and answering calls from the public, parents and partners.
- An ability to engage with children and young people who have disabilities
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of note taking and recording of actions, as requested by the business
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with a number of conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
Please note that CVs will only be accepted along with a completed application form.
For further details please contact:-
We would welcome visits to the homes by applicants. Please contact managers to arrange.
Baljinder Khera - Warwick House, Acocks Green Baljinder.Khera@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk - 0121 675 1139
Or alternatively come and visit us at our open day on 20th May at the Library of Birmingham between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Interviews to be held on 14th/15th June 2023