We wish to recruit an experienced street naming and numbering specialist for Ealing Council
Candidates should have extensive operational experience of street naming and numbering and a good understanding of the technical and legislative landscape around this role.
The main duties are to
- To proactively develop and deliver corporate Business Objects reports to the business as required by the Corporate Data Manager.
- To update and maintain the corporate Land & Property Gazetteer to the highest standards and quality of data and to manage and administer the council’s Street Naming and Numbering function.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate a practical knowledge of SNN processes and an understanding of service statutory obligations in recording and reporting.
The key areas of responsibility will be to
1. Diligently update and maintain the Local Land and Property Gazetteer to the highest standards to ensure compliance with BS 7666.
2. Operate quality assured maintenance processes in data matching procedures to ensure that all information is matched to the correct address.
3. Promote the Local Land and Property Gazetteer (LLPG) and its integration with other Council systems, as the Council’s core property database.
4. Manage and deliver the statutory Street Naming and Numbering (SN&N) function including the statutory register of street names and numbers to ensure it is fully integrated with the maintenance procedure for the LLPG.
5. Liaise with internal and external agencies as appropriate on all new SNN proposals and ensure that recommendations conform to current guidelines and legislation.
6. Keep under continuous review all relevant BS7666 standards and national conventions,
7. Reporting any adopted local conventions to the IDeA/National Custodian for assimilation into national conventions.
8. Undertake research and site visits to validate the correct LLPG property matches source addresses
9. Corporate responsibility for the allocation of UPRNs (obtained from the national custodian) to all services.
10. Deal with enquiries from staff, members of the public and other agencies relating to general property information requests and/or specific LLPG/UPRN and Street Naming and Numbering issues
11. Administering the Local Authority’s contact with and production of appropriate data transfer files to the National Land and Property Gazetteer (NLPG) custodian and other bodies.
12. Monitor Planning and other consents to ensure that any changes are reflected in the LLPG and SNN procedures followed.
13. Represent the Council on all matters relating to the LLPG and SNN.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.