- Employer: Dartford Borough Council
- Reference: DBC/CSA23
- Published: Fri 19/05/2023, 10:56 AM
- Closing on: Sun 11/06/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Hybrid working and flexi-time available
- Salary: £46,043 per annum rising to £48,424 per annum after 12 month’s satisfactory service
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Kent
More InformationMore about this employer
Cyber Security Analyst
Here at Dartford Borough Council we are looking for an outstanding Cyber Security Analyst. We’ve started on a journey to drive major improvements in our cyber security posture, governance & awareness. We’ll be looking for the successful candidate to set the agenda, to work right across the Council and to leverage their own expertise to take the Council’s cyber posture to the next level.
We’ll expect you to develop policies & strategies, to assess and recommend enhancements to our cyber education solutions and to work with our Leadership & Management Teams to grow awareness and drive improvements in our cyber behaviour.
Working closely with our IT Infrastructure Team, we’ll expect you to have a good high-level understanding of a multi-layered approach to cyber defences, be they in the cloud or on-premise. We’re not looking for you to be hands-on when it comes to deploying technical solutions but it’ll be vital that the governance and awareness elements of the role align closely to the technical cyber defence capabilities that we are looking to maintain and enhance.
You’ll be a skilled, competent self-starter with excellent communication skills. Capable of working at all levels in the organisation, and with experience of supplier relationships too, we’ll be looking for you to challenge the status quo and to be a catalyst for change.
Among many other things you will be:
- Evaluating the Council’s cyber awareness approach & collateral to identify areas needing improvement
- Assessing all processes and strategies that address cyber security in the Council and creating new or enhanced documentation as necessary
- Identifying and proposing new training and awareness material, tools or processes to further build our cyber defences
- Setting up a quarterly Cyber Security Posture Review forum, owning and executing actions that arise
This post is considered by DBC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements.
37 hours per week, Monday- Friday. Hybrid Working and Flexi time available. Free parking.
“The Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer”
Previous applicants need not apply.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the advertised closing date. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
How to Apply
Please complete your application by using the apply button below.
Do not send your CV – only fully completed application forms will be accepted.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.