- Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/819/33334
- Published: Fri 19/05/2023, 11:35 AM
- Closing on: Sun 18/06/2023, 11:35 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £29844 - £31810 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Personal Coach - Career Progression
The starting salary for this position is £29,844 per annum based on a 36-hour working week. This role is offered as a 12-month fixed-term contract or secondment opportunity.
If you're someone who can put the aspirations and ambitions of Surrey's young people at the heart of all you do - we are excited to tell you about a new opportunity in our team!
As a Personal Coach you will offer advice and guidance to vulnerable young people in Surrey, helping them to identify an appropriate education, training or employment destination. This is a very special position, and a fantastic opportunity for the right person. Could that be you?
Working as part of the Participation Service you will play a key role in supporting young people who are NEET (not in employment, education or training) or at risk of becoming NEET to identify and progress to an appropriate post-16 destination. This will involve working closely with parents/carers, schools, further education and training providers, employers and other relevant professionals.
As a Personal Coach, you will manage a caseload of young people, recording interventions and reporting on progress. You will need to be comfortable using action plans, skills assessment tools and aptitude tests to enable progress towards agreed goals.
We're looking for someone that can bring their passion for engaging and motivating young people to life; developing strategies, advocating on behalf of our young people and challenging attitudes or barriers which may impact on their successful transition.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of delivering careers information, advice and guidance, with a good knowledge of Raising Participation Age legislation.
- Good understanding of the further education and training landscape and local labour market
- A good standard of education and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as you will need to be comfortable and confident communicating with parents and carers, young people and professionals
- Relevant experience in this area and evidence of recent career development
- Experience of working with parents and carers, young people and families
As part of this role, you will need to travel throughout the county visiting schools, training settings and homes. Therefore, successful candidates must possess a current full driving license and have access to a vehicle, insured for business purposes.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18/06/2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing 26/06/2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.