- Employer: Birmingham Children's Trust
- Reference: BCT/23/241311
- Published: Fri 19/05/2023, 11:45 AM
- Closing on: Sun 18/06/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36.50 hours
- Salary: £38,296 - £46,549 (plus relocation package up to £8,000 - Terms & Conditions will Apply)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Kingsmere Centre, Earlswood Secure Unit, 18 Gravelly Hill North Erdington B23 6QB, Birmingham
YOS Prevention Deputy Team Manager
Birmingham Youth Offending Service is in the middle of an exciting and extensive modernisation programme with a clear goal to become the sector leading youth justice service. We are creating a progressive, creative, energetic, and inspiring Service that is equipped to understand and reduce offending behaviour amongst children and we are looking for the right people to help us to achieve this.
We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Team Manager in our YOS Prevention Team.
You are the right person if you:
- can see beyond the offence and see the child
- want to tackle head on disproportionality and inequality across youth justice
- believe that behaviour is a form of communication and offending is symptomatic of children’s experiences
- are committed to hearing the voice of the child, their families/carers and their victims and bringing this into the centre of what we do
- want to work with children and families to build on their strengths and promote a childhood removed from the justice system
- Value partnership and collaborative working
We are looking for individuals:
- Who are passionate, motivated and enthusiastic about delivering high quality, creative services to children, families and victims.
- With experience and skills matched to the job description and person specification
- Who are committed to work with and alongside others, to learn, innovate and drive forward improvements.
We are looking to further enhance and strengthen our offer across the city, and are looking to appoint to the following position within the service:
- Deputy Team Manager (YOS Prevention)
Employer: Birmingham Children's Trust
Salary: GR5 - £38,296 - £46,549
Location: Citywide - Birmingham
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 hours per week.
DBS Check: Enhanced
As a Deputy Team Manager within Birmingham YOS, you will play a crucial role in supporting the wider leadership team alongside the Team Manager to lead the Prevention team. You will support the wider service to develop and strengthen sector leading performance and quality, ensuring appropriate support is put in place to address any concerns and that staff are effectively engaging, assessing and managing risks posed to and from our Birmingham children. This is a service committed to a child first, trauma responsive and strengths-based approach with our children. Alongside the Team Manager, you will ensure children are safeguarded and victims are protected, taking responsibility for the implementation of legislation, policies and procedures within the team. You will be committed to achieving positive outcomes for children with the aim of preventing them going on to offend.
As a valued member of the service you will have a key role in supporting reform, contributing to the setting and delivery of strategic priorities and ensuring the smooth and efficient delivery of services.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive rewards, including salary
- Generous Annual Leave allocation
- Various additional employee benefits
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A commitment to your personal learning and development
- Excellent career progression opportunities
To find out more about 'Our Offer' to you, please click HERE
Come and join us on our journey and help achieve the best outcomes for the children of Birmingham!
Closing Date is midnight on Sunday 18th June 2023
Interviews will be held Tuesday 4th July 2023
If you are interested in having a conversation about this vacancy, please contact BirminghamYOS@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.