We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contract Manager, to join our friendly and dynamic Highways team.
As the Contract Manager, we will look to you to build and maintain good relationships with clients and suppliers. This will include improving and developing contracts and supplier performance, influencing changes which result in greater value for money against the contracts and the resolution of any contractual issues as required.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record in managing complex and high value highways contracts, which includes experience of the following areas:
Key responsibilities include
- Drafting and revising contracts
- Ensuring that all contracts are accurate and relevant documentation is correct and updated when necessary
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients and suppliers
- Developing plans to fit the schedule of works
- Identifying ways to increase efficiency and improve productivity
- Corresponding with external stakeholders to document all activities
- Compiling and delivering presentations to clients and suppliers
- Collecting and collating data for forecasting and planning purposes
Qualifications and Experience:
Membership of an appropriate professional institution
- Professional qualification in Contract Management or a related discipline, or equivalent levels of skills or knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of procurement practices used in construction, including forms of tender, conditions of contract and forms of partnership
- A good level of commercial and business acumen with a proven record in delivering contract improvements.
Wokingham is a highly desirable place to live and work. Our vision for the borough is to create ‘a great place to live, an even better place to do business’ – maximising on the opportunities our superb Thames Valley location provides.
You will enjoy the friendly open and supportive culture, as well as an incredible range of benefits including, flexible hours, a generous annual leave entitlement, an enhanced local government pension scheme and much more.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chris Easton on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 18th June 2023
Interview Date: W/C 26th June 2023
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.