- Employer: London Borough of Enfield
- Reference: PLA-000560
- Published: Mon 22/05/2023, 14:50 PM
- Closing on: Fri 02/06/2023, 14:50 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £42, 909 - £54, 303
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Enfield
Principal Engineer - Journeys and Places
Journeys and Places is a service area within Planning and Growth. The team deliver a challenging and at times controversial change programme that enables and encourages people to make sustainable daily journeys for themselves and for our planet. The Journeys and Places Team is actively involved a range of schemes across the borough to deliver a connected network of walking and cycling routes, low traffic neighbourhoods, school street and town centre enhancements.
We have an opportunity in the Design and Construction Pillar for a Principal Engineer that will oversee the design and construction of new schemes. You will be responsible for delivering a range of projects from inception to completion through the application of specialist skills. This will include inspections and surveys, feasibility and options studies, project management and financial control, design, site supervision and contract management.
You will provide expert advice on all aspects of environmental and civil engineering design, highway maintenance and asset management issues relating to the authority’s own work as well as for commissions from other clients, who may be internal or external to the Council.
A key aspect of this post will be to deliver complex projects or work programmes simultaneously, ensuring effective budgetary control of individual schemes. You will need to have a proven knowledge and experience in this area of work, particularly in delivering schemes in an urban environment.
You should have a HNC/BSc/BEng in civil engineering or other relevant and equivalent qualification (or to be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and expertise).
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Hussain Rab on 0208 132 0961 or email@example.com for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
Place - https://www.enfield.gov.uk/services/jobs-and-careers/place#welcome
Meridian Water | A major 20 year regeneration programme led by Enfield Council. Bringing 10,000 homes & 6,000 jobs to Enfield, next to the beautiful Lee Valley Regional Park