Class Teacher - ASD Resource Base
The King Alfred Federation Lewisham
Class Teacher - ASD Resource Base
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly acclaimed ASD Resource Base within our flagship award winning inclusive mainstream Primary School.
The successful practitioner needs to have the knowledge, skills and experience of teaching pupils with ASD in the primary phase, ideally in a specialist Base or provision. You will lead and manage a team of staff (under the direction of the Resource Base Lead and Senior Leadership Team) within the Base and will have a key role in training and supporting mainstream staff, ensuring that the Base is a fully integrated aspect of the school.
For the right candidate, we can offer:
We are looking for a candidate who:
- An experienced and dedicated Leadership Team and a supportive, professional environment
- Excellent CPD opportunities to develop you professionally and many varied opportunities to foster your passions and talents
- Manageable workloads and a collaborative team of highly skilled practitioners
- Has experience of working effectively with children with ASD, ideally in a Base or specialist setting
- Can work effectively with children who have emotional needs
- Has a good understanding of neurodiversity and how to inspire and motivate all learners
- Has additional SEND/ASD qualifications or a commitment to undertake such training
- Has excellent spoken and written language skills and is able to challenge, inspire and motivate others
- Has high expectations and is dedicated in enabling children to fulfil their full potential
- Supports and promote the inclusive ethos of the school through the development of a personalised learning programme and the integration of pupils into mainstream, where appropriate.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated, friendly, supportive and highly motivated team, to help us to build upon our continuing success and establish an ASD Resource Base at Athelney Primary School, please contact the school office. Visits to the school are strongly recommended.
If you think you are ready for this exciting opportunity please call:
Nathalie Dummer, Head of School at Athelney on 020 86972945 for an informal chat.
An application pack can be downloaded from here, or you can request a pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once completed, applications should be uploaded to the TES website, or alternatively, emailed to email@example.com. Applications can also be sent by post to the school marked for the attention of Mrs. N Dummer, Head of School, Athelney Primary School, Athelney Street, London, SE6 3LD.
The King Alfred Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the Department for Children, Schools and Families document Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education. All staff will be required to undertake a disclosure from the disclosure and Barring Service and you will need to provide two employer references. A satisfactory DBS must be received before employees can start work in our schools.
Closing date: Friday 9th June 2023
Interviews: Thursday 15th June 2023
Job Description and Job Specification (Click Here)
Teacher Application Form (Click Here)
Safer Recruitment (Click Here)
Equal Opportunity (Click Here)