Brighter Futures for Children
Missing and Exploitation team
Full-time, Permanent post
Brighter Futures for Children is a not-for-profit company, owned by, but independent of, Reading Borough Council. Although we are independent, we are very much part of the Reading Family. Our people enjoy all of benefits as other Council employees including membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and continuous service.
We work closely with partners in the local community and key organisations including Reading Borough Council, policy, public health and voluntary groups. We are responsible for the delivery of children’s social care, early help & prevention, education services (including SEND). This also includes fostering and adoption, the Youth Offending Service and traded services with schools.
Our main aim is to protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading. We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy and successful lives.
About the role:
We currently have a vacancy for the role of Child Exploitation Business Coordinator within the Child Exploitation & Missing team within Children’s Social Care.
The exploitation of children and young people both locally and nationally is a growing concern. At Brighter Futures for Children we are continually developing innovative ways of working to address the needs of these children, identify the risks to them and offer appropriate, effective interventions to support them to exit.
This position will provide essential support to the Child Exploitation and Missing Team, particularly in the coordination of multi-agency child exploitation and missing children meetings, the development and analysis of relevant data and the tracking of children and young people to ensure effective interventions and progress on safety plans.
- To coordinate the child exploitation and missing children multi-agency meetings, in order that the business of the meeting can be effectively progressed. This includes planning and reviewing meetings as required, liaison with both internal and external agencies and resources in respect of booking venues, along with a full invitation service, greeting services, minute-taking and circulation of completed minutes and related paperwork
- To Coordinate the new Complex Safeguarding meetings and all associated administrative work such as coordination of invitations, minute taking, updating of mosaic and monitoring actions.
- To coordinate agenda setting for all meetings in collaboration with respective Chairs, taking ownership of the full administration service
- To facilitate effective meetings alongside the Chair, taking responsibility for processes and quality of information to drive business forward.
- To develop and maintain relationships with partners and other organisations
- To help facilitate creating strong working partnerships within the complex safeguarding, exploitation and missing children’s contexts to enhance effective decision making and to support the follow through of actions that help contribute to improved outcomes for young people in Reading.
- To coordinate and track the delivery of activity agreed by partners within multi-agency meetings and subgroups. This includes:
- Maintaining Mosaic records, including the management of exploitation notifications and ensuring that all minutes are uploaded on to a child’s individual files.
- To maintain a detailed action log from all child exploitation and missing children meetings and to report on progress of actions and activities to raise any concerns in accordance with relevant escalation policies
- Individual actions related to Child Exploitation and Missing Children Team business
- To maintain accurate, confidential databases of minutes, correspondence and any auditable material resulting from or to the work of the Child Exploitation and Missing Children Team and its partner agencies.
- To develop and take responsibility for the production of child exploitation and missing children dataset and dashboard including collation and management of data, and be able to provide the team manager with commentary on trend.
- To support the Child Exploitation Team Manager and Missing Children Coordinator
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Creativity and team working is strongly encouraged, and you'll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
You will receive a competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Incremental holidays starting with 26 days plus public holidays (rising to 33 after 10 years’ service)
- Discounted Child Care (on site nursery)
- Car loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local shopping discounts
Closing date: 11 June 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
If you think you might enjoy working at Brighter Futures for Children, you share our values, and you have the skills and experience required for this job, then we would really like to hear from you.
For more information about the job, please contact the hiring manager Becky Herron on Becky.Herron@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
We look forward to hearing from you.