This is an exciting opportunity for someone to start/develop a career in commissioning, and play a key role in the Strategic Commissioning function at Bracknell Forest with the primary client group area being Children and Young People. The successful applicant will:
- effectively support the People Directorate to deliver a range of commissioning activities and drive the best outcomes and value for money for our residents
- work as part of a team using matrix management. You may report to different managers in relation to different aspects of your work plan who will operate within a flexible pool of resources to deliver the Council’s commissioning priorities and avoid siloed working
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Get vulnerable people back on their feet more quickly? You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today and to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Bracknell Forest Council is a brilliant organisation to work for. You can enjoy meaningful work, with friendly colleagues, who all share the same values and are working towards the same goal. We're an organisation that knows where we're going, and we have a clear plan on how to get there. We are focused and forward-thinking, ensuring we always innovate, plan, and deliver exactly what is needed.
Are you the sort of person who can pull together all available resources, collaborate with team members and adapt and overcome obstacles? You will fit right in at Bracknell Forest Council.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
Reporting to the Strategic Commissioning Manager the post-holder will be responsible for:
- delivering a range of commissioning activities relating to all aspects of the commissioning cycle in a professional and effective way in order that the council supports excellent outcomes for our residents and outstanding value for money for the taxpayer
- ensuring that work assigned to you is delivered effectively, with clear goals, plans and milestones, including where Matrix management applies, and you are working on objectives for managers other than your line manager
- undertaking work that is complex in nature, across a range of activities, which are primarily related to children and young people
- ensuring a portfolio of contracts deliver according to specification and responding proactively to under-performance
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre
- Internal sports and social club opportunities
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership
- Supermarket discount
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket
What we're looking for...
We are looking for a candidate who will work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the council, and within the community. You may have or are keen to gain experience of commissioning, and managing change within a Social Care and Education/SEND environment and will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the application of commissioning approaches to deliver sustained improvements. You will be a skilled communicator, who has effective problem-solving skills and excel at making things happen.
Professional expertise and experience in commissioning, market development and contracting in relation to a Children and Young People’s Commissioner role would be preferred.
As a values driven organisation, we will be recruiting an individual able to demonstrate the values and behaviours required to become a valued and effective member of the team.
Interviews will be held 19th - 21st June 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Manjit Hogston, Strategic Commissioning Manager
Phone Number: 01344 352224
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.