Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people, and families in the country. Our goal is to become a centre of excellence in both social care and family support. By choosing to work for us, you will be part of a supportive, dynamic service contributing to our service improvement journey to ‘Outstanding.’
We have a number of exciting opportunities within our Business Support Service for self-motivated Business Support Assistants, providing essential support to our practice staff members. The Service is currently in a period of redesign and given a changing environment, is looking at ways of working to better support the achievement of better outcomes for children and families.
The posts will be supporting our Regional Adoption Agency and our Fostering Service. Business Support plays a crucial role in providing support to these services. For the Regional Adoption Agency Business Support ensures a smooth and efficient process in the recruitment and assessment of prospective adopters, and for children requiring a new family. Business Support for Fostering & the Regional Adoption Agency are involved in the convening, preparation for, during and after the Panel meetings, producing electronic outcomes and minutes to strict timescales. The Fostering Service business support team also ensures a smooth and efficient process in the recruitment and assessment of Foster Carers for both mainstream and connected persons.
You will be working with colleagues and multi-agency professionals at all levels across the service to contribute to positive outcomes for some of the most vulnerable children and families
We are looking for someone who has good organisational skills, can problem solve, use their own initiative, and has great attention to detail with excellent communication skills. Experience of minute taking is desirable although training will be provided.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about high quality service delivery and performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be customer focused and able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of minute taking and recording of outcomes, as requested by the business (Training will also be provided)
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g., literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with several conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
We are working in a Hybrid working model which includes working some days within an office setting.
For further details please contact Jo McGonigle – Fostering Business Support on 07921239989 or Pinkle Rana – Regional Adoption Agency Business Support on 07858370128
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people, and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working
- 29 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
The campaign closes on Sunday 11 June 2023
Interviews will be held w/c 19 June 2023 at 1 Lancaster Circus, B4 7DJ