- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/242375
- Published: Fri 26/05/2023, 12:19 PM
- Closing on: Mon 05/06/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £35,347.80 to £38,656.80
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
IT Operations Engineer
To apply for this job vacancy please visit the Test Valley Borough Council website.
Closing date - 5th June 2023
Andover / Winchester
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Nicky Richards, IMT Operations Manager, on 01962 848228. Alternatively you can contact the Test Valley Human Resources Team on, 01264 368106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced, dynamic, forward thinking IT Shared Service as an IT Operations Engineer, working on both Projects and 3rd Line Support to optimise IT infrastructure systems and solutions
The Operations team is part of a shared IT service between Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council made up of professional, friendly and supportive colleagues. Working within the IT service, you will often interact with a variety of co-workers across both authorities ranging from Senior Management to Councillors.
Main duties include:
- Manage and improve critical IT Infrastructure including:
- Microsoft Infrastructure Technology stack
- VMware / SRM
- Citrix / Virtual Desktop
- Cloud / M365
- Network & Backup Solutions
- Investigate and resolve 3rd Line IT incidents, problems, changes, and service requests in accordance with SLA's and procedures. Formulating recovery plans for return to service following ITIL processes.
- Technical project lead on the implementation of new, and upgrade of existing solutions, Infrastructure improvements and Cloud implementations.
Salary and experience
Base salary for this role is up to £38,656.80 per annum with additional “Emergency on Call” payment and overtime available.
This role is ideal for a candidate with a proven track record of supporting on-Premises / Hybrid architecture with a view to be part of an exciting transition towards Cloud services. On-going training opportunities will be provided to ensure your skills are advanced.
To thrive in the role, you need to be a resourceful and highly skilled individual joining a committed team in a lively environment dedicated to providing high quality services and able to work under pressure.
We have a strong focus on work life balance. This role is hybrid based and after an introductory period you will be splitting your time working from home and at either of our two head office locations in Winchester City Centre and Andover.
Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council are committed to developing staff. We also offer several benefits including:
- 33 days per annum (including Bank Holidays) rising to a maximum 40 days (including Bank Holidays) with long service.
- Discounted Leisure membership / classes
- Attractive Pension scheme
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- City Centre office location in Winchester
- Free Parking
- On-site restaurant (TVBC)