This is a fantastic opportunity for a cloud infrastructure specialist to join a Local Authority with great aims and aspirations.
We have moved our environment to the cloud via a CSP and are now looking for knowledgeable individuals to help us on the next phase of our journey as we take control of the whole environment ourselves and continue our continual improvement programme.
We are proud of what we do at Bracknell Forest Council, proud of our staff and proud of the services we deliver. ICT is part of the backbone that supports that delivery, and cloud infrastructure is one of our key underpinning technologies.
We know that how you work is important to our staff, so we offer a flexible working environment, taking a hybrid approach.
We know that investing in you helps you grow with us so will ensure that we offer you access to appropriate training and skills development.
What it is like working in our team…
The Cloud services team is an enthusiastic group of 4 (2 of you will take us up to 6) highly resolute individuals who invest in cross-training and are eager to learn together as we develop our cloud skills and knowledge. Our goal is to continuously maintain and improve our ICT and digital solutions, systems, and cloud infrastructure.
You will be supported to perform the following duties, responsibilities, and training…
- Managing Microsoft 365 and Azure environments
- Develop, manage, and implement projects to deliver business wide initiatives.
- Performing initiative-taking maintenance to ensure that everything is secure.
- Providing support to our internal clients, including 1st and 2nd line ICT colleagues
- Opportunity to flex and hone your database administrator skills.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development, all Cloud Infrastructure Support Officers will have access to Pluralsight.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we are looking for…
We are looking for an individual who will use their technical skills and knowledge to take a proactive approach to ensure that our infrastructure is stable, available, flexible and cost controlled but highly tuned.
You will be comfortable configuring and fine-tuning releases, routines, monitors, and alerting mechanisms as well as being comfortable working alongside ICT and Digital teams to develop, test, deliver, and maintain systems as part of our growing Azure and SaaS platform.
Interview date TBC
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Brian Keelty, Cloud Team Manager; 01344 351763 or email@example.com
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.