An exciting opportunity has arisen at North Somerset Environment Company (NSEC) supporting the continued growth of the business, initially based at our Headquarters in Weston-super-Mare but transferring to our Sandford depot in April 2024.
Working as a member of the senior leadership team, you will have full accountability for the safe, efficient, and effective management of our new Highways Cyclical and Reactive Maintenance Contract with North Somerset Council. You’ll deliver on the annual Winter Maintenance Plan, cyclical services e.g. gulley cleansing, and reactive maintenance such as pothole repairs and patching.
NSEC have recently been awarded this contract and the role will be pivotal in assuring the smooth mobilisation of the contract and transfer of operations from the existing operator in April 2024.
We’d be interested to hear from candidates who have proven experience in managing highway maintenance or similar operations, especially with a service delivery management background.
- Proven experience of managing highway maintenance operations
- Qualified operator with excellent working knowledge of Highways regulations
- Motivated to deliver a strong zero-harm safety culture
- Proven record of delivering lean, continuous improvement within a service environment
- Excellent IT, analytical and financial skills backed with good presentational skills
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and create strong client relationships
Want to know more and apply?
Please send your completed application form and an up-to-date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, or for further information.