This role has a starting salary of £32,798 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
This role is a 12 month Secondment/Fixed Term Contract.
The People Consultancy Team is excited to be recruiting a fixed term maternity cover for the role of People Consultant. Reporting to the People Consultant Lead, you will be joining a friendly and supportive team of ten People Consultants which sit within the Business Partnering and Employment Practice function.
This role is open to agile working meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week but working where the role requires.
Fundamentally this is about working practice and goes beyond the location in which we work - having the freedom and flexibility to work when and where as needed. Our focus on results, outcomes and collaboration is enabled by high levels of trust and accountability in our people. Supporting our people to work where they are most effective, this can be remotely from a variety of locations including SCC offices, home or any other suitable location. We have a team base to enable you and your colleagues to come together as and when required.
About the Role
As a People Consultant you will be responsible for providing managers across the council with HR advice on Employment Relation cases and operational project work using coaching, restorative approaches, and technical advice. Our team also work with internal and external stakeholders and business partners on a day to day basis.
You will confidently manage case work spanning the full range of People and Change issues across all areas of the business in addition to providing HR support to restructures and TUPE projects. Outcome focused, you will ensure that cases allocated are resolved in a timely manner and in line with legislation/policies and good practice. Role modelling our coaching approach, you will have the ability to coach managers through People issues.
Although this role involves working as part of a well-supported team you will be given the tools to work independently and flexibly as the business needs to allow you to deliver work to a high standard.
To be considered for shortlisting to interview, your Personal Statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) will evidence the following:
- Delivering high quality HR advice in the following areas of ER casework; Disciplinary, Grievance, Managing Absence and Performance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, departments, managers and customers to engage and consult on plans or projects as appropriate.
- Examples of a commitment to service improvement, challenging the status quo and providing solution focused outcomes.
- The ability to work autonomously with initiative, to engage, develop and consult on plans or projects as appropriate.
- Have or be working towards CIPD qualification or be able to evidence equivalent knowledge and understanding of People and Change disciplines.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 30/06/2022 with interviews to follow.
This is a 12 month secondment / fixed term contract.
If you would like to know more about this role or have an informal discussion then please contact Geraldine Judge by email .
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.