Reports to: SAO/ School Business Manger
Hours: 35hrs Per week, All Year Round
Salary: Scale 4 £27,507 - £28,419 35hrs Per week, All Year Round
Watergate is Lewisham’s primary school for children with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties.
The school is looking to recruit an Administrative Officer with a sound knowledge of administrative procedures, to ensure the efficient and effective operation and organisation of Watergate’s school office. Relevant experience of working in a school environment is desirable. The successful candidate will work closely with the SAO and School Business Manager in all aspects of the daily running of the school.
The right candidate will:
· Be able to communicate well with parents and prospective parents whilst providing a welcoming and supportive environment for our pupils and families
· Have excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills with some knowledge of a pupil MIS system an advantage
· Be an effective team player that is well organised, dedicated, hardworking and able to maintain confidentiality at all times
· Be self-motivated, flexible and able to act on own initiative
· Have an organised approach to prioritise work and successfully manage time
· Be an effective team member
· Will contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
Closing Date: Noon Friday 9^th June 2023
Shortlisting and Interviews will be held week beginning 12^th June 2023
CVs will not be accepted
Click on the links below to download an Application Pack:
Job Description and Person Specification
Safer Recruitment Form
Equal Opportunities Statement
Please send completed applications to Adeana Roberts – email@example.com
Watergate School, Lushington Road, Bellingham SE6 3WG
Tel: 020 8695 6555 Fax: 020 8695 8280
Watergate school takes its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children very seriously. All staff must share this commitment.
The school is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks.
If you have lived or worked overseas for three months or more as an adult (Over 18) you must provide the relevant overseas check.
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified or experienced people and are particularly welcomed from suitably qualified applicants who are significantly underrepresented in the school workforce.