Directorate: Adult Social Services
Starting salary: Apprentice (Level 3):- £15,247 per annum
Location: Based in the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term for 18 months
Closing date: Tuesday 13 June 2023
About the role
Would you like the chance to earn while you learn? We have a great opportunity to help you learn new skills, achieve a nationally recognised qualification and gain invaluable work experience.
We are looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice into the Brokerage Team who commission services for vulnerable adults in North Somerset regardless of funding streams.
This post sits with the Brokerage Assistants so you will have support and peers some of whom have completed their Apprenticeships.
You will be, undertaking a range of tasks including maintaining, developing and implementing key admin tasks, data processing and helping our team deal with the wide variety of queries and requests that we receive on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 GSCE grade C passes, (including Maths and English) and excellent IT skills. We are looking for candidates who enjoy working within a team, are able to use their own initiative and are keen to undertake Business Administration at Level 3.
Our council vision is ‘an open, fairer, greener North Somerset’ and we have three key priorities:
- A thriving and sustainable place
- A council which empowers and cares about people
- An open and enabling organisation.
Our organisational values are important. They help guide us in how we work and provide services for our residents. Our people produced our values in collaboration with elected members. They provide a strong ethos and help us to deliver our ambitious agenda, working in partnership across the council and beyond:
- We act with integrity
- We respect each other
- We innovate
- We care
- We collaborate.
- A competitive salary,
- Family leave options,
- A pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection,
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential,
- Generous leave entitlement (25 days, rising to 30 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days,
- Discounts on shopping, days out, travel and gym memberships,
- Agile and flexible working arrangements to help you enjoy a healthy work-life balance,
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Emma Halford-Snook, Personalised Commissioning Team Manager on 01934 427611.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council – Open, Fairer, Greener.