As a result of the promotion of one of the team’s Payroll Assistants we are now looking for a Payroll Assistant to join our busy team. The post is 37 hours per week (1FTE), however consideration will be given to less hours and more flexible working patterns. We would also welcome applicants who might wish to consider taking on the role as an apprentice.
This post plays a key role in assisting with the provision of a payroll service for both our schools traded service as well as to corporate West Berkshire Council staff and Members.
The postholder will work within a wider HR and Payroll team to ensure a seamless and high-quality HR, Payroll and L&D/OD service is delivered to our customers.
The postholder will be expected to undertake routine administrative and support activities across all Payroll activities as required by email, telephone and face-to-face, and over Teams. You will also be expected to solve all first-line pay queries for all employees and council members, escalating where appropriate.
We are looking for someone who can contribute to the continuous improvement of Payroll services by contributing ideas, supporting effective teamwork, and creating effective solutions to different pay issues that arise while adhering to statutory legislation. Whilst ensuring attention to detail, as well as an ability to meet deadlines and making use of a knowledge of the Local Government Pensions and Teachers’ Pensions Schemes to ensure accurate pensions reporting.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Either a CIPP qualification or equivalent experience or a willingness to study (through an apprenticeship route).
- Experience of pensions including LGPS and TPS and local government terms and conditions.
- An ability to use computerised financial systems and processing large volumes of data accurately and in a timely manner.
Our offer to you
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer flexible & hybrid working wherever possible
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Local government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising annually to a maximum of 33 days after 5 years. (pro rata for part time)
- Annual starting salary of between £22,369 and £24,496 per annum (pro rata for part time).
If you interested in working with us and want to know more, do not hesitate to contact Bethan Smith, Senior Payroll Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org
It is hoped interviews will take place towards the end of June 2023.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people who fall within any of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.