We’re passionate about learning together and building strong communities
Join a friendly and flexible team that empowers English speakers of other languages to reach their full potential.
Lots of organisations say you can make a difference. Here in the Community and Continuing Education team, everything we do is about changing lives for the better. As an ESOL tutor with us, you’ll play a major part in getting vulnerable people back on their feet more quickly. You’ll be empowered to help define our journey. At the same time, we’ll make sure you have all the training and support you need to continue your own journey. Make your future about shaping tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small team who work closely together to provide a wide range of learning opportunities for Bracknell Forest adults and their families. The service helps people to improve their life chances and encourages active and healthy lives and communities. Our learners are at the centre of everything we do, bringing to life our motto of “learning together and building strong communities”.
The team prioritises being responsive and flexible – we are good at finding creative solutions when challenges arise, and every day is different.
This is a sessional role, with variable hours.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Plan, design, deliver, evaluate and manage beginner and intermediate level ESOL courses
- Provide classes with high quality teaching, learning and assessment for adult ESOL learners
- Work in partnership with staff from other council teams, as well as other ESOL providers locally
- Keep up to date with subject area and curriculum developments and acquire new skills, including IT/digital skills
- Support the wider service aims of the Community and Continuing Education Team to deliver a first-class experience for Bracknell Forest residents
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment
- A supportive and experienced team
- Flexible working opportunities
- Regular opportunities for development
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre
- Internal sports and social club opportunities
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership
- Supermarket discount
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket
Qualities we’re looking for…
- Enthusiastic and motivated to provide dynamic and inclusive learning experiences for adults
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to relate to new and hard to reach learners
- Successful experience of delivering high quality ESOL teaching to learners of mixed abilities and backgrounds
- Supports the wider service aims of the Community and Continuing Education Team to deliver a first-class experience for Bracknell Forest residents
- Supports and models the council values of being inclusive, ambitious and always learning
To be confirmed
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Community Learning Team 01344 354220
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.