Enfield is a truly diverse borough combining major regeneration opportunities, vibrant town centres, attractive parkland and open space with inner city challenges. As one of London’s largest and definitely most exciting regeneration opportunities, Meridian Water will deliver transformational change, creating approximately 10,000 new homes and 6,000 jobs.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Head of Development to help play an essential role in supporting the Council to deliver the Meridian Water Programme. The role includes:
- Leading internal and external teams on development projects from feasibility through to completion of construction
- Scoping and appraising potential schemes
- Running procurement exercises
- Managing a programme of complex development projects ranging from direct delivery to development agreements
We work at a fast place with a motivated, talented, and dynamic team and we are looking for someone enthusiastic, committed and organised to join us. If you have the right combination of skills and ambition and want to be part of one the country’s largest regeneration projects this is the place to be and we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Penny Halliday at Penny.firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or at email@example.com.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
Place - https://www.enfield.gov.uk/services/jobs-and-careers/place#welcome
Meridian Water | A major 20 year regeneration programme led by Enfield Council. Bringing 10,000 homes & 6,000 jobs to Enfield, next to the beautiful Lee Valley Regional Park