September start or October 2023
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with excellent career development prospects?
Elmhurst is a vibrant, outstanding primary school in East London with wonderful children who are keen to learn. We teach our children to achieve high academic standards, as well as enabling them to develop their creative, artistic and sporting skills. The school has the Platinum Arts mark, employs arts specialists such as arts consultants to provide a rich and broad curriculum. Our pupils are actively involved in national debating competitions, act in Shakespearian plays and enjoy art visits to Madrid.
We are unique in being a lead school for a national English Hub and Maths Hub, providing excellent training opportunities for our own teachers and others across London. Elmhurst was recently awarded UKLA Literacy School of the Year. Our school site includes bespoke training rooms, new bespoke building to support pupils with SEND, theatre and excellent classroom accommodation.
We are looking for a committed teacher who loves teaching music and is passionate about making a difference to children's lives.
● be teachers with a proven track record of good or outstanding classroom teaching
● have excellent subject knowledge in music with at least an A level or equivalent
● have instrumental skills (ideally in piano) and good singing ability
● have a solid understanding of how to secure progression of musical skills within the Primary Curriculum for Music
● be interested in developing their leadership skills
We will offer you:
● enthusiastic and exceptionally well behaved children who are keen to learn
● the opportunity to play a significant role in the school’s music provision
● a committed, dynamic and ambitious senior leadership team
● Supportive Music team
● a competitive Inner London salary in an outer London borough
● high quality personalised induction and training with nationally recognised providers
We warmly welcome visits to our school. Come and meet our leadership team to discuss the opportunities. Please contact Sukwinder Samra our Headteacher on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We run a rolling recruitment cycle, looking to find excellent teachers who will contribute to our future.
Closing date: 1st October 2023
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.