We are seeking a second-in-charge to join our Modern Foreign Languages department and our committed team of specialist teachers, playing a significant role in leading teaching and learning with the ability to teach Spanish. The ability to teach French as well would be an advantage. You will be a motivated colleague who has a proven track record of raising attainment. You will be able to take a leadership role in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice in the workplace which contribute to school improvement. Your role will be instrumental in delivering the Little Ilford vision of highly engaging, interactive and challenging learning experiences for our students in MFL.
The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner who has the vision, energy and drive to build on existing strengths and raise standards of attainment and progress. You will be committed to meeting the needs of all learners by ensuring that teaching is of the highest quality. You will work with the Curriculum Team Leader to communicate a compelling vision for teaching and learning in the faculty and demonstrate the strategic leadership skills to deliver significant improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Be inspiring and ambitious, capable of ensuring that Spanish is a popular and highly successful subject
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a track record of raising attainment in both his / her own classroom and with other colleagues
- Have excellent subject and pedagogical knowledge
- Be resourceful and energetic; enjoy working strategically with others to share and develop best practice
- Be skilled in using data to inform decision-making and planning
- Be experienced in working with a team of MFL staff to improve outcomes for all students
- Provide high-quality professional development
- Support and develop you to go beyond outstanding teaching
- Provide working partnership opportunities with other schools / departments
- Provide you with an ethos where all adults are learners who take risks in order that they achieve excellent results for our students.
Little Ilford is an oversubscribed multicultural school with high expectations of students and staff. It is an exciting place to work and develop, where creativity and innovation are nurtured. We have extremely challenging targets for attainment and progress and the focus and determination to realise them.
To obtain further information please see the vacancy section of our website www.littleilford.newham.sch.uk or contact Mehz Karim on 0208 928 3548 /email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may shortlist and interview as soon as we have a strong field
Little Ilford School, Rectory Road Manor Park, London E12 6JB
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.