This is a fantastic opportunity to begin or continue your leadership journey in a well led, collaborative and supportive faculty. Little Ilford is a friendly, inclusive and oversubscribed school in Newham making a big difference to the lives of our diverse student community. We moved into a brand new state-of-the-art building in October 2016. We have a strong reputation and high expectations of both students and staff and consider this to be an exciting place to work and develop, where creativity and innovation are nurtured. Our targets for attainment and progress are challenging, but staff have the focus and determination to realise them for the benefit of our students. We really know our students, and focus on them as individuals. Pastoral systems are strong and we value a curriculum offer and activities that educate the whole child.
As a school we are absolutely committed to ensuring that all staff have access to comprehensive professional development and have developed an exciting and impactful programme designed to offer training that makes a real difference. We value a good home/work balance and do what we can to support our staff in this respect.
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and high calibre pastoral leader to join our energetic and dynamic team. You will lead a team of form tutors, ensuring that the quality of pastoral care is outstanding and that all students achieve their potential.
We will support and develop you to become an outstanding leader. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who take risks in order to achieve excellent results for our students.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status or high level youth work/counselling experience
- Proven ability to raise attainment and improve the progress of young people.
- Considerable experience of working pastorally with children including experience of safeguarding
- A calm, decisive, unflustered and warm manner
- An understanding of current educational issues
- Experience of data analysis
- Strong behaviour management skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to relate to parents and other stakeholders
Please note -
- the role is under review and therefore is subject to change with a view to minimising safeguarding and increasing the focus on behaviour.
- the school is currently undergoing an expansion and teaching staff may be expected to teach a second subject.
We look forward to your application.
To obtain further information or for an informal discussion please contact Mehz Karim on
020 8928 3548 /email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Wednesday 20th September 2023 at 9.00 am. We may shortlist and interview sooner should we have a strong field
Little Ilford School, Rectory Road, Manor Park, London E12 6JB
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.