Vacancy for Administrative Assistant – required from Autumn Term 2023
We are seeking a reliable and organised person with a caring nature and good communication skills to provide excellent administrative support at Acton CE Primary Academy, a school part of North West Academies Trust. You will need to be flexible and have good levels of initiative to perform the many and varied duties.
Skills, experience and attributes:
Excellent communication skills, both verbal (including on the phone/Teams/Zoom) and written, are paramount as the successful candidate will be dealing with suppliers, staff, children, parents and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate would ideally have experience working within a school and have knowledge and experience of working with school systems.
Good computing skills are essential for this role, including the use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
The candidate must be aware of Data Protection and confidentiality/sensitivity issues that are vital in a school environment.
The main duties of this role include:
- Act as first point of contact for parents and visitors attending the school, operating the secure access systems, vetting and controlling access to the school in accordance with safeguarding procedures and answering the telephone.
- To deal with enquiries and communications from and to staff, parents, children, and members of the public and where relevant refer such enquiries to the relevant staff member as appropriate e.g. attendance, student absences etc. This includes face-to-face, remotely, by email and letter.
- To work closely with the Headteacher, office manager, leadership team, teachers and other support staff including catering and site management.
- To undertake administrative and clerical work as required.
- To organise the administrative aspects of school visits, including letters, website editing, payments procedures and booking of activities (all training and support will be given).
- Inputting information and data into a range of electronic systems to support the operational running of the school.
- Order, monitor and manage stock, ensuring best value following the school’s purchasing processes.
The successful candidate will be a flexible, proactive and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in an environment which is not only varied but extremely busy. The role requires accuracy, reliability, integrity and an individual who is well organised, hard-working and can fulfil a wide range of administrative duties.
We can offer:
- competitive pay
- access to health/welfare package of support
- a supportive and dynamic teaching team and vibrant learning community
- a commitment to continuing professional development
Details of the contract: in the first instance, this is a temporary and part time contract. Expected working hours will be 8.30am until 11.30am each day (15 hours a week) and will be a term time only contract (38 weeks a year). We would also welcome flexibility in offering overtime and/or support in before/after school provision (this can be discussed as part of the role).
Find out more: please contact the school on 01279 918350 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (term time only). Alternatively, contact the Headteacher by email at email@example.com (this will be checked periodically during holidays and weekends). Visits to the school are welcomed. Application forms are available by contacting either email address.
Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2023 - by 12.00pm
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all staff.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & invited to attend interview.
We are totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will be expected to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.