We are looking for a talented Lawyer (barrister/ solicitor/ CILEX) to work within our close knit and well respected in house legal team.
The Contracts, Property & Procurement Team provide a wide range of legal advice and support to Council Services primarily in relation to contracts, procurement, project and related property matters, including the Council’s regeneration / redevelopment capital projects.
You will personally undertake a complex caseload of work primarily in this area, providing timely and accurate advice to Members and Officers of the Council, including representation and attendance at such meetings as desired by the Client Department, ensuring that decisions and actions comply with the Council’s Constitution and are defensible.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:-
- Good knowledge and understanding of the law in respect of Contracts & Procurement, ideally in a local government setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise reports and to present informational oral and written skills
- Ability to give high level legal advice to officers and members
- Ability to independently manage a substantial case load
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
- Able to work under pressure, organising work to ensure deadlines and targets are met
- Able to transfer legal skills to unfamiliar areas of law
- To draft and negotiate a full range of legal documentation required with minimal supervision.
Our offer to you
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Option for offering less hours than advertised, providing you meet the requirements of the role and service as determined by the recruiting manager.
- An offer of flexible and hybrid working wherever possible
- Opportunity for growth and development with a fantastic training programme to support with your learning, development and career progression
- Local government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 29 days per annum plus bank holidays.
- Salary up to circa £50k
Interviews dates will be agreed upon at the convenience of both the applicant and the recruiting managers
If you interested in working with us and want to know more, do not hesitate to contact Claire Say, Principal Lawyer – Contracts, Property and Procurement Team on 01635 519640 or Leigh Hogan – Legal Services Manager on 01635 519626
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people who fall within any of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.