Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? In a role where you’ll be able to learn new skills, working in a friendly team? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
As a result of a recent review of the structure within Housing Services, we’re recruiting for a new member of our Property Services team, for a role which is:
- Ideal for someone looking to develop their experience and build on their skills.
- A key part of a friendly and supportive team.
- Flexible, enabling you to manage your own workload.
- Challenging but incredibly rewarding.
About the role
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate keen to develop a variety of skills and experience, offering the opportunity to work in a busy and important team in the Council. The successful candidate will:
- Provide vital support to our busy Property Services team by providing basic administrative duties such as scanning documents, data entry and mail merge.
- Validate and verify repairs requests from tenants and leaseholders.
- Respond to enquiries from customers, in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Work closely with colleagues across the council, ensuring queries are handled by the right team, as well as helping our housing tenants by handling administrative tasks like preparing and scanning paperwork, arranging repairs, and dealing with other queries.
Who we’re looking for?
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a good standard of education, including literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have excellent IT skills and knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Are highly organised and able to work without much supervision.
- Are comfortable working in a team, working flexibly to support your colleagues.
It would be helpful if you’ve already worked in an administrative role and experience of working for a local authority or similar organisation would be an advantage.
If you’d like to know more, please read our role profile and specification, or get in touch with the Property Services Manager, Mark Robinson, to arrange an informal chat, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org