We have an exciting opportunity within the Children and Care Leavers Team, as a Social Worker or Senior Practitioner, supporting Separated Migrant Children as Children Looked After.
Social Worker: HSC10 - £33,820 with the opportunity to progress to £37,261 per annum
Senior Practitioner: HSC11 - £38,296 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £42,503 per annum
You will be joining a set of teams consisting of Social Workers and Leaving Care Personal Advisors, supporting Separated Migrant Children who become Looked After and are transitioning to adulthood as Care Leavers.
You will be responsible for the safeguarding of young people, working in partnership with other services, undertaking assessments, supporting independent living skills and will encourage participation & feedback, to name just a few of the things you will do!
You will be joining a highly supportive and fast-paced team working with Separated Migrant Children who become Looked After and require additional support to settle into life in the UK due to separation from their family, country of origin, cultural norms and language barrier.
- Qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Knowledge of legislation, guidance, policy, and procedures
- Ability to complete robust assessments & to assess risk
- Ability to work in a relationship-based way
- Understanding of equality and diversity in Social Work
- Ability to input and maintain accurate computerised information and records
- Ability to work on own initiative managing and prioritising own workload under pressure and under the direction of the supervisor
- Knowledge/experience of working with Separated Migrant Children
- Knowledge of legislation, guidance, policy, and procedure specific to Separated Migrant Children
- Knowledge/experience of working with children and young people subject to or at risk of exploitation including modern day slavery and trafficking
- Knowledge/experience of working with Care Leavers
You will work within a highly supportive group of teams, with access to excellent supervision and training opportunities. You will be central in supporting Separated Migrant Children as Children Looked After, settling into life in the UK alongside their asylum claims and transitioning into adulthood.
Interviews will be arranged on an ad hoc basis
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Separated Migrant Children and Care Leavers Service Managersamantha.email@example.com