Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
Hounslow Council is an outstanding council serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships across the borough which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs. Hounslow is the world in one place, full of potential, but a borough hit hard -socially and economically -by Covid-19. We have stepped up for our residents and businesses like never before.
About The Role
The Housing Development and Supply team has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing and is at the forefront of the new era of building new Council Housing. With an ambitious commitment to deliver 1,000 new Council homes by 2026 and continued work to secure affordable homes on developer led sites we need a Housing Delivery officer to Join the team.
The role will assist with the various projects being delivered across the department and provide ongoing support to secure new affordable homes on developer led sites.
1. To lead on specialist areas of support related to the supply of affordable housing. This includes the preparation of legal agreements to secure Council nominations to new affordable homes in the borough.
2. To lead the monitoring of affordable housing delivery in the borough.
3. Be the key contact for monitoring S106 agreements in relation to viability reviews and their deployment to new HRA supply.
4. To work with other Council services and departments to identify housing need requirements, including specialised and supported housing.
5. Work with Senior Officers to secure new affordable housing on developer led sites.
1. You can deliver quality work to deadlines.
2. You can monitor large sets of data effectively and produce reports using that data.
3. You are able and willing to adapt to new situations and prioritise workload effectively.
RTPI or RICS desired but not required.
We value diversity in its broadest sense. We're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves, give of their best and reach their full potential. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to better understand our communities and deliver the best services for our residents. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background. We want to harness the mix and ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes. We will therefore make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
For more information, please contact Geraint.Nutt@hounslow.gov.uk
Interviews will be held during week commencing 2nd October 2023.