Bring science to life in our hands-on science exhibition. And you will experience a great place to work.
Everything we do here is about helping our visitors, enjoy their visit to the hands-on science and discovery exhibition. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience and our Explainers play a key role in helping us achieve this.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
Our team of explainers go out of their way to ensure all our visitors enjoy their visit to the hands-on science and discovery exhibition. You will be interacting with the children and assisting them with the science activities, making their visit fun and informative as well as clean and safe. You will also greet our school bookings and present our science shows to schools and the public.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Assist in the operation of exhibits helping visitors to gain a better understanding and advising of their educational content in an informal and non-threatening way.
- Be sensitive and take the initiative in caring for the needs of the visitors including groups and individuals in making them feel welcome.
- Maintaining the high standards within the exhibition, always ensuring the zones look their best throughout the day with a high standard of cleanliness.
- Develop new skills through a programme of training and development.
- Greet our school groups and run workshops or other activities that are on offer to the visitors.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- The opportunity to help children engage and learn about science through play.
- To work on the doorstep of the picturesque Swinley forest.
What we're looking for...
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, confident and reliable person to join our explainer team, who has the ability to converse with customers of all ages and backgrounds and to ensure that their visit is the best possible with the resources available. The successful candidate will enjoy working on their own but as part of a dedicated team.
Interviews will be held on 2nd October 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Dean Potts, Duty Manager
Tel.: 01344 354405
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.