Main Scale Teacher / Upper Scale Teacher M1-U3
Sybourn Primary is looking to recruit outstanding, enthusiastic, innovative and committed class teachers to join our team asap. If you are excited by innovation and challenge, and if you are energised by opportunities to develop and share your practice, whilst learning with your colleagues and from the children you work with, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Sybourn Primary serves a multi-cultural community in Waltham Forest and, working in partnership with The Lion Academy Trust, we been recognised as an outstanding school.
Joining Sybourn you will become part of a team who are supportive, successful and committed to setting high standards.
We can offer you:
- A vibrant and rapidly improving school situated in a culturally diverse area of East London with all the rewards and opportunities this brings
- lively, friendly and aspirational children who are determined to make the most of their schooling
- A dynamic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff who want the best for their children
- Innovative CPD which is of the highest quality
- Career progression and leadership opportunities
- A supportive and forward thinking Trust Board, Local Advisory Body and parent community excellent opportunities for further professional development, through the Lion Academy Trust, particular if you have leadership aspirations
Lion Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to satisfactory reference checks with previous employers along with a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: 02/10/2023 @ 09:00
Interview date : Week commencing 16/10/2023
Completed Applications to: email@example.com
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting.
The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy