Calling all Passionate SEND Teachers! Join Our Special Education Needs School
Are you a dedicated and experienced SEND teacher with a heart for making a
profound impact on the lives of children with special educational needs? If so, we
invite you to be a part of our dynamic and supportive team!
Danecourt is a school for children aged 4-11 years with severe and complex needs.
All the children attending Danecourt have an Education, Health and Care Plan
(EHCP). The vast majority of the children attending the school have a diagnosis of
autism, with many having additional diagnosis such as sensory processing
The school prides itself on creating personalised learning opportunities with a
vision for each individual pupil reaching their full potential by the time they leave
in year 6. The school offers a curriculum split into three tracks that are tailored to
meeting the pupil’s needs. The school offers small class sizes with favourable
Currently there are 234 children on roll who are based across three sites in
Medway. The largest of the sites is in Gillingham and there are two satellite sites
based at Featherby Primary School and Bligh Primary School.
Danecourt was judged to be good in all areas, except Personal Development,
Behaviour and Welfare and EYFS both of which were judged as being outstanding by Ofsted in June 2019.
As a SEND teacher, you will have the incredible opportunity to:
● Create tailored learning plans that cater to the unique needs and abilities of
● Foster a positive and nurturing classroom environment that promotes
growth, self-confidence, and emotional well-being.
● Collaborate closely with parents, caregivers, and multidisciplinary teams to
ensure the best possible support for each student.
Embrace continuous professional development and stay up to date with the trends and methodologies in SEND education.methodologies in SEND education.
We are looking for someone with:
● A strong background in special education
● Proven experience working with students with a variety of special
● Passion for creating inclusive and diverse learning experiences.
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with
colleagues, parents, and external professionals.
● Patience, empathy, and a genuine commitment to making a positive impact
in the lives of students.
Joining our team means becoming part of a supportive community that values
innovation, growth, and collaboration.
● Professional development opportunities to help you continuously enhance
● A comprehensive Induction
● Early Salary Access scheme & financial advice (Wagestream)
● Awel coming and inclusive school culture
● Access to cutting-edge resources and technology that empower your
● A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact the school office to make an
Make a lasting difference in the lives of students with special educational needs.
Join us and be a part of something truly extraordinary!
Further details and job description are in the attached candidate information
Maritime Academy Trust embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious
way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our
work will be.
Please note we may hold interviews as and when applications are received an accept applications submitted online via the TES website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Interview date: TBC
In line with KCSIE 2022 guidance, as part of the shortlisting process, the Trust
reserves the right to conduct an online search on shortlisted candidates as part of
our due diligence and to share any pertinent information found concerning a
candidate's suitability to work with children with Hiring Managers to be discussed
at interview stage.
Danecourt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An
enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required
for all successful applicants.