Wokingham Borough Council have a fantastic opportunity available for a Network and Telephony Lead to join our proactive IT team on a fulltime, permanent basis.
As the Network and Telephony Lead, you will support, manage and maintain the wide area, local and wireless networks across the Council’s IT Infrastructure which consists of over 40 networked locations. You will work closely with suppliers and manage partners to support the council’s critical Telephony infrastructure.
We will also look to you to lead on the best use of network and telephony infrastructure resources to provide cost effective services and solutions to customers in line with the Council’s technology roadmap.
This exciting position offers a host of incredible benefits including a flexible working scheme, generous annual leave entitlement of 31 days (plus Bank Holidays), a fantastic local government pension scheme, a range of employee discounts and much more!
- Responsible for the effective operation of the Council’s network & telephony environments
- Deliver effective operational service whilst ensuring IT service management processes are adhered to including, incident, change, problem, capacity and availability management
- Support the design, implementation and documentation of cloud based IT services for the Council including SD-WAN, IaaS, PaaS services
- Take a strategic view of the Council’s overall network and telephony architecture
- Ensure the Council’s network & telephony solutions are secure by design
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and customer focussed Candidate, with experience in the following areas:
- Cisco (or other network vendor) Certified
- Network Design & Architecture
- WAN/SD-WAN technologies & configuration
- Switching & Routing, OSPF, Static routing, Subnetting, VLAN, Spanning tree protocol, HSRP, VRRP
- VPN configurations, IPSEC, SSL, Site to site VPN
- Firewall operation – e.g. NAT, ACL, IDS, IPS
Wokingham is an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London and Reading.
If you’re looking for a varied and interesting career, that provides flexibility and a good work/life balance, click the link below and apply today!
For an informal discussion, please contact James Bull on email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th October 2023, 11pm
Interview Date: Week commencing 2nd October 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.