Social Worker - Ongoing Care and Support Team
Wokingham Borough Council has a great opportunity available for a Social Worker to join our proactive Ongoing Care and Support Team in Adult Social Care on a full time, permanent basis.
This exciting opportunity can offer you a host of fantastic benefits including flexible working options, a generous annual leave entitlement, a great local government pension scheme, a range of employee discounts and much more!
As a Social Worker within the Adult Social Care team 18+, you will undertake direct work with customers in the community and facilitate their discharge from acute and community hospitals.
The main aim of the service is to enable individuals to live safely in the community, maximising individual’s abilities to care for themselves and supporting carers to continue in their caring role as long as they are able to.
You will work in accordance with key legislative framework, the service will support individuals to access support services in line with their eligible needs, with an emphasis on health, safety, and wellbeing for vulnerable individuals.
- To work in accordance with the Care Act 2014 to assess or reassess the needs of customers and their carers, offering access to support services in line with their eligible needs, with an emphasis on health, safety, and wellbeing for vulnerable individuals and those that care for them.
- To adopt a strengths-based approach to care and maintain a professional and respectful working relationship with individual customers and carers.
- To work in a person-centred way, ensuring that individual dignity is maintained, cultural and communication needs are addressed, and choices and aspirations are acknowledged and heard.
- To establish professional relationships with local providers to enable joint working, investigation of new innovative ways of working, and encourage an open and transparent dialogue
- To ensure that you bring forward good ideas, offer creative solutions, challenge areas where the Council can improve, and to contribute to the Council’s ongoing success.
- Social Work degree/ registered with Social Work England
- Full EU driving licence (and access to the daily use of a car)
- Minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Ability to use standard Microsoft programs and to learn specialist client record systems etc.
- Experience in a Social Care or health care environment.
For an informal discussion, please contact Emma Hodge on email@example.com or Debbie Evans on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 7th October 2023,11pm
Interview Date: Week Commencing 9th October 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.